Thursday, January 29, 2009

Welcome!

I've never been much a believer in personal blogs. My life has never been anything worth writing about, that is, until I started traveling. Once I was bitten by the bug my life took a crazy turn into a completely new, unpredictable territory. Being a student and traveling is always a challenge because we are all so full of adventure, but SO POOR. So our options are limited...but I swear to you backpacking the world is one of the greatest ways to explore. You walk until your feet blister, your shoulders cramp, and your stomach dry-heaves (okay I lied about the dry-heaving part, but it's definitely a workout). Sounds fun, right? But in the end you will meet some of the most interesting people, and have stories and pictures of memories that will last a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! Where did you go backpacking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It absolutely is! Hmmm lets see...in a nutshell? No I'll give you the long version. Most recently to New Orleans on a Volunteer trip with a friend. Last year I studied abroad in England and spent five+ weeks backpacking to Dublin and Lisdoonvarna Ireland; Edinburg Scotland; Wales; Berlin and Leipzig, Germany; Krakow, Poland; Prague, Czech Republic, Athens, Greece; Venice, Rome, and Florence, Italy; Barcelona and Sitges, Spain; Nice, France and ALL OVER England. This summer I will be headed out to Maine and the East coast.

    ReplyDelete